Monday, July 9, 2012

Stress Relief - BeautifuLee Fit From the Inside Out

Tonight I have a "Inner Healing" Class that I will be attending for the next six weeks. I have always said that being Healthy for ME is about being Healthy and (My motto) "BeautifuLee Fit from the Inside Out!"


I am excited and nervous about this class. I am scared of the things that will be brought to the surface that I have tried to bury. The hurts from my past, and the scars I thought that had healed, the anger I have and the broken way I feel.  I am also a little scared of the direction my life may take after this class.. This is kinda an all or nothing for me. I am at a crossroads in my life and kinda stuck in an unknowing state of mind afraid to make any choices. Afraid I may make the wrong choice, afraid of what might happen after the choice is made not only in my life but the lives of my kids.

I know this is something that I need to do though so just like with my workouts.. I cant just sit back and complain about how I wish things were different or I wish this or that. I have to take steps toward making progress in the gym and in my life and in my heart and mind and body. No matter how uncomfortable or scary it may be I have to start to DO SOMETHING! Even if I find this isn't a fit for me at least I tried!

I will keep you all updated on what I feel and think about the class and how it helps or doesn't help me in this personal journey I am on..

My last blog I wrote about being very very sick. I think that part of the reason I was getting so sick is due to stress. Sometimes stress can take a toll on us physically, mentally and emotionally. I have been so stressed out with everything and feeling so overwhelmed that my body and mind and emotions were exhausted and I just couldn't take any more. I needed a break one way or another and my body gave me that, by way of getting sick. Be careful to try to make time to relax and de-stress your life!! This is a lesson I have learned first hand! Stress and anxiety are not good for your health!


I know that everyone has a degree of stress in their own life. So as I have been learning how to cope with mine I have put together some tips for how you an learn to dr-stress in your own life.

1. Exercise
Exercise can decrease ‘stress hormones' like cortisol, and increase endorphins, your body's ‘feel-good’ chemicals, giving your mood a natural boost. It can also help distract you from anything that is going on for a reasonable period of time and help get your mind off of it.

2. Diet
The better you eat, the better you will feel. There are some great stress reliving foods.


*Asparagus-This green veggie is high in folic acid, which can help stabilize your mood.

*Cottage Cheese and Fruit-Cottage cheese is high in protein and calcium.

*Almonds-Are you ever looking for something you can really dig your teeth into when you're stressed? Try crunching on almonds to get some aggression out.

*Blueberries-Very rich in antioxidants, blueberries offer a high-fiber, low-calorie fruit option that is also rich in stress-fighting vitamin C.

*Tuna- A great lunch option, tuna is high in stress-fighting vitamins B6 and B12.

3. Learn to say 'no'
If a task you're being asked to undertake is unrealistic, say so. Don't let anyone stress you out asking you to do something that is overwhelming to you.

4. Get Organized
Getting your life and your home organized is another great way to reduce stress and stay on schedule and not have to be rushing around finding something or finding where you can fit something into your day. Get organized and on schedule.


5. Sleep
Get plenty of rest. Make sure you are leaving enough time for beauty sleep. If you are not getting at least 8 hours of rest a day this could be adding to your stress.

I hope these tips are helpful! I know they have helped me out a great deal!


Keep moving in the right direction twards your goals and remember be
BeautifuLee Fit From the Inside Out!
The Inside is just as important and the outward appreaace! You can look great on the outside but if you are a mess on the inside the outside doesnt really matter!!


xoxo
Dede


No comments:

Post a Comment