Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Motivation

 Motivation is like food for the brain. You cannot get enough in one sitting. It needs continual and regular top ups.

Everyone needs motivation or a little push to get started or to keep going or to stay on track. Without motivation in our lives we would give up, things would get stale and we would never really finish any task. Think about it. With anything that you start in life there is a goal, or a driving force or some sort of motivation that keeps you going and helps you finish what you start. Weather it is knowing that what your cooking is going to please others and taste great, or looking forward to the end of that good book you are reading, or even a prize you want to win or a goal you want to achieve. You look forward to that end result so you do what you have to do to finish what you started to get you there. It is the same way with working out, and loosing weight or changing your body and lifestyle to be healthy. 


Everyone needs a push now and then to keep their momentum up and stay motivated and on the right track. I struggle with this myself in my own workouts and diet. There are many days that I am very tired and I lack the drive to get up and go to the gym or to cook my meals and I would rather just grab something fast and easy. There are days I would rather just lay around then get up and do a workout. But I am always finding new ways to keep myself motivated and to stay on track and keep my eye on the prize!


One of the things that I do is I write down my goals and put them up on a Vision board it is something I see everyday and it reminds me of the where I want to see myself, the goals I want to accomplish and why I have chosen to live a healthy and fit life.
Another way I keep motivated is through my team. I am apart of a great team called Cathy Savage Fitness. It is such a great group of ladies with amazing coaches that all support each other all over the country and we hold each other accountable. If you are doing this on your own and having a hard time staying motivated, you might want to consider joining a team. Finding a workout partner or a group of friends where you can all help each other and hold each other accountable to reaching your goals.
Another great way for me to stay motivated is by doing progress pictures, seeing my progress with my own eyes helps me to feel accomplished and push myself that much harder. When I feel like I want to stop or give up I just look back at how far I have come and I want to never go back there again. For those of you who haven't seen my progress here is a photo of where I started and one of me on my last show.



The first photo was taken after the birth of my daughter which was in Feb. But I started taking progress photos in April of 2009. The last photo was at the NPC Nationals 2011. Another important thing to always remember is it doesn't happen overnight! It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get to where you want to be. But once you start seeing the results, it only fuels your motivation!


Fianlly one of the last things I do for motivation is I follow other people online, like on Facebook or other things and I also use their photos for inspiration. I will even sometimes post their photos in my closet so when I go get dressed each morning I can see a photo of what I aspire to.


No matter what your motivation is, just make sure you find it, and always find new ways to hang onto it and keep pushing yourself to stay on track and keep your eye on the end goal. It won't always happen as fast as you want it too, sometimes life may get in the way, but stay motivated and remember why you are making the choices you are making and keep right on going! I am right there with you, keeping my motivation and goals where they need to be to reach my own personal and fitness goals.


BeautifuLee Fit,

Dede

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment