Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Busy Life

 Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.

 As a mother of two kids I keep a very busy schedule. I try to get to the gym in the mornings after dropping my son off at school. I come home to errands, bills, cleaning, laundry as well as taking care of my daughter who just turned three. I also have a small Spray Tan company which I run out of my home so I fit in a spray tan or two or more, as well. My son takes Karate and he goes to that 5 days a week and my daughter has just started gymnastics once a week, so I take them to those. I also have all the normal mommy duties, homework, baths, dinner, bedtime, playtime etc... so as you can see my life is very full and busy most days. I am normal just like everyone else and sleep through my alarm or forget to pack a meal.. So I sometimes have to eat in a rush. That is why I love my OhYeah Protein bars and protein shakes. When I am running late in the morning and rushing out the door to get my son to school on time I can mix up a shake in a few seconds in my shaker cup and I have quick and healthy protein packed breakfast!



No matter how busy you are don't skip a meal and breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need it to give you energy and jump start your metabolism for the day. A lot of women think if the skip meals they will loose weight faster. You will loose weight but not in a healthy way. Your body will go into starvation mode and anything you do eat will be stored as fat. As soon as you start to eat normally again you will gain back all of the weight that was lost and maybe a few extra to boot. It is very important that you feed your body!

Think of it this way. Your body is like a train running on coal. You have to feed the coal to the fire in the engine room in order for the train to go, and the more often you do this the faster it goes. That is the same principle for your metabolism. You have to feed your body, in small, healthy, clean meals, 5 to 6 times a day and you will see your metabolism kick in. Even if you are in a rush don't skip a meal. Keep some protein bars in your car or bag or someplace in case of an emergency where you are out longer then expected or just in a hurry and running late.

On another note I wanted to share with you a workout I did this week.
                                               200 rep challenge
 I wanted to shock my body and do something a little bit different. So I used this challenge for my leg day. I did eight exercises for legs and I did a light to medium level weight. I chose two exercises to start and did 100 reps of each and then repeated them both again for another 100 reps each. I did this until all 8 exercises were complete.
Here is a list of my exercises

Leg Press
Seated Calf Raise
Reverse Hack Squat
Inner Thigh Machine ( but I did this backwards- I sit on my knees backwards on seat and using my ankles to pull the machine together to work the glutes)
Leg Extension

Leg curl
Cable Kick Backs
Body weight Squats

This was a great workout and so intense that I skipped cardio that day. I encourage you to give it a try and let me know how you do!! 


Next week I want to take a Yoga class to help me relax and de-stress as well as stretch. I haven't taken yoga in years and I am very interested to give it a try again.


I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.

 On a personal note:
 I am still dealing with a lot of things in my personal life... We all go through hard times and have our ups and downs. I am relying on God for support and direction and strength on how to cope, how do deal and how to move on... I have a long process ahead of me, to heal and forgive and to let go. I just felt it very important to share with you that everyone goes through these times. It is how we move on from those times and how we learn from these times that matters. I took a day or two off of the gym this week due to some personal illness and some stress headaches. I really just needed to listen to my body and take a short break. But that doesn't mean I throw in the towel or dwell on my problems and lay around all day nor do I drown them out with food or alcohol.



This quote is so amazing to me and so true. Not everyday is good, but we should strive to find something good in everyday. Life is amazing and full of challenges and we can do ALL things through HIM who strengthens us!! 




I hope you all have a great day and be blessed!!


BeautifuLee Fit from the Inside Out
xoxoxoxo
Dede



No comments:

Post a Comment